Thursday 28 August 2014

Pride of Britain

I literally can't believe it but I've been nominated for a Pride of Britain Award

I had a call yesterday from ITV saying that they would like to come and film me very soon and that it will then go to the judges (Carol Vorderman & some other celeb types!) I am so very very honored and humbled by this and accept this nomination on behalf of everyone at Rain Rescue that spends their time tirelessly trying to combat the awful abuse and neglect that is prevalent in our county.

In fact this is for everyone that works in animal rescue, especially in small, local, underfunded, under appreciated rescues. I will use this opportunity to get every last bit of publicity and public awareness that I possibly can.

I've just had a look at the winners from last year, and frankly I don't stand a chance but while I've got the ear of anyone influential I'll be using it to full advantage!

Thank you to the people who nominated me, you are very kind, I think I better up my game now!!!

Shelley
x

No comments:

Post a Comment